Teas infused with marijuana are becoming the talk of the town these days, and they owe that popularity to their therapeutic benefits. Compared to traditional smoking, marijuana-infused teas have a longer build because our bodies can absorb liquid faster. Before you proceed, I suggest you study The life cycle of a cannabis plant first.
You have to know that there are different methods to make cannabis tea. Here they are:
- Dry flowers and water – This is generally less psychoactive because the THC isn’t water-soluble
- Marijuana with fat (butter, dairy, or coconut oil) plus tea leaves and water – This is used to make a latte-type or chai drink. The fat helps extract THC.
- Regular tea leaves and water – The water is heated with an alcohol-based extraction like a tincture.
Also, If you want to decarboxylate your marijuana using a heating method before you add it to the tea, bear in mind that the temperature and optimal time for decarboxylation depend on the following factors:
- How much product you use
- The amount of moisture in the product
- The type of oven you own
I know you’re hyped up, so let’s get this started. This recipe is good for one cup of tea.
- Stainless steel pot
- Tea strainer
- 1/2 g. of marijuana buds
- 1/2 tsp. of unsalted, softened butter
- 5 c. / 400ml of water
- Optional: Tea bag (any flavor of your choice, I recommend mint)
- Optional: Milk, sugar or honey for taste
- Grind the buds. Take out the stems and place them aside. You could use them for another tea recipe, you know.
- Put the ground buds in a bowl. Add the butter and carefully blend them using the back portion of a spoon. Make sure every piece is coated with a bit of butter.
- Slowly pour the water into a stove top pot and set the stove on medium heat, bringing it to a simmer.
- Gently add the marijuana and butter mixture into the pot.
- Let the water simmer and brew the tea for half an hour, stirring it many a time.
- Remove the pot from your stove and let it sit for a moment until the bubbles have stopped breaking the surface.
- Use your strainer to pour the tea into your favorite cup and enjoy!
Remember the stems I told you to set aside? You can use them to make a tea with less intoxicating effects and milder taste! Just simmer one to two grams of stems, leaves, or both in 1.5 cups of water for half an hour, strain them, and voila! Another marijuana-infused tea!